Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bon Appetit!

Move over Rachel Ray, Paula Deen and Ree Drummond...... you've got NOTHING on my friend :)
I was very spoiled yesterday, and still can not get over it.
A few years ago I met this lovely lady Cheryl through my job. Her and I became friends and occasionally do lunch together. Our conversations are so easy and enjoyable. We both love cooking, cook books, exchanging recipes, etc. Yesterday, she invited me to her home to have lunch and to cook together. How fun and sweet is that?

*this is a HORRIBLE photo of me, but I hated not to include one of us.
This is the first time I had visited Cheryl's home and I was in love. I know she probably thought I was a strange one, walking through her home taking pictures, but I couldn't help it. She has an eye for decorating, and every detail of her home is just gorgeous!





For lunch she made a cheesy potato corn chowder and grilled turkey sandwiches. It was delicious! Cheryl is a very natural, talented cook. She reminds me of my mom in that way. They are the kind of cooks that measure nothing, alter recipes to fit their liking and it always turns out perfect.

After lunch, together we made spicy chicken spaghetti. This is a recipe of Cheryl's that I've always wanted to make, but never thought I could master it. With her help- I pulled it off. :) I loved watching her cook, and learning a few of her famous recipes!


We then made mini cheesecakes topped with caramel and pecans!

Cheryl then packed up ALL of the spicy chicken we had made together, the cheesecakes and our leftovers from lunch and sent them home with me. She said she wanted Troy and I to be able to have dinner on her for the next few nights. I am overwhelmed by her generosity. I know how difficult it is to prepare your home and a meal for a guest. Not only did she invite me for lunch, but then sent me home with four nights worth of dinner.

The food was delicious, but what I appreciate even more is the fact that I have someone like Cheryl in my life. I can't tell you how thankful I am to know such a generous, kind, selfless woman. The fact that she would want to spend time with me is an honor!
Thank you Cheryl for a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment